Reiki, a healing touch therapy, is an ancient practice that is becoming more widely used today. According to practitioners, energy can become stagnate in the body where there has been physical injury or emotional pain. Over time, these energy blocks can cause illness. Reiki aims to help the flow of energy and remove blocks in a similar way to acupuncture. Improving this energy flow around the body can enable relaxation, relieve pain, and reduce other symptoms of illness.
The rise in popularity of Reiki is most likely attributed to the growing pursuit of natural remedies and alternative therapies. Reiki invites self-care and this coincides with an interest in wellbeing, mindfulness, and personal development. With so many people suffering from anxiety and depression, there is a demand for something beyond the pill bottle. This is especially true for those who might be dealing with or have dealt with addiction.
Those who receive Reiki treatments report relief from numerous health challenges, including mental health issues. Research has shown that Reiki primarily helps in the reduction of stress, anxiety, depression, as well as relief from chronic pain. The following are some of the benefits of Reiki for anxiety and depression:
- Better sense of overall mental and physical balance
- Because Reiki is relaxing, it can help combat anxiety which in turn can help improve depression as they often exist together
- Many people with depression feel as though they have lost control of their own lives. Reiki can help restore this.
- Reiki connects individuals with a caring and compassionate practitioner. With depression, many people withdraw from and feel disconnected from others.
- Stress is a major contributing factor to anxiety and depression. Reiki can help reduce stress while also alleviating some of the symptoms an individual may be experiencing.
If Reiki is something that you would like to incorporate into your treatment routine or if you are curious about exploring this type of therapy, reach out for a consultation today. Here at Aloha Integrative Health, we are happy to have Dr. Theresa Timony on staff who is a Reiki master and can help you progress towards healing and becoming the best version of you.
Contact Our Offices Today